“To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing…” Martin Luther King, Jr.
Over the weekend and today I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting on His goodness and just being thankful. My husband just returned from a two-week business trip in Kolkata, India (FYI, the next time I WILL be tagging along).
Seeing the pictures (I will post his mini-documentary in another post) and hearing about the things he saw and experienced was humbling for me. There’s nothing like visiting or seeing an undeveloped country to put things in perspective.
So today’s blog I’m want to share what I’m thankful for:
Word of the day: Thanksgiving
1. Being alive, and healthy
2. For my family: mi familia es muy importante para mí
3. For the sacrifices that people like Martin Luther King Jr. made so that I could have the right to vote in the election
4. I’m thankful that President Obama and the First Lady were able to walk down the street safely without anyone acting crazy (with the exception of Al Roker’s shenanigans).
5. I’m thankful that Al didn’t get tasered by secret service. lol 🙂
6. I’m thankful that I am going to graduate in May 2013!!!!
7. A special shout-out to a friend, known on Facebook as Michael Bentley. He had the opportunity to attend the inauguration ceremony. I wish I could have been there, but I’m thankful that he and a million other people were able to witness history in the making.